Plastics & Polymers Enhancing Polymer Performance
Products(Up One Level)
Microencapsulation is a process by which very tiny droplets or particles of liquid or solid material are surrounded or coated with a continuous film of polymeric material. These micro-capsules have a number of benefits such as converting liquids to solids, separating reactive compounds, providing environmental protection, improved material handling properties. Active materials are then encapsulated in micron-sized capsules of barrier polymers.
ZeMac® E-400 can be used as the wall material for microencapsulation @ 7-12% in emulsion, or, ZeMac® E-400 can be used at 0.5 to 4% as an emulsion stabilizer / size regulator (stabilizes the particle size with a very narrow particle size distribution (PSD) with using the following as the wall material.
- Maltodextrin or other sugar derivatives
ZeMac® E-400 is very efficient in ensuring narrow PSD, which can be controlled to achieve narrowing or broadening of the PSD and/or the mean PSD can be increased or decreased by varying concentration and pH. Applications include but are not limited to the following.
- Dispersion of Specialty inks such as security, digital printing or thermochromic inks
- Longer Lasting Fragrance for end uses like Artificial Flowers, Fabric Softener, Shampoo, Antiperspirant/Deodorant and other personal care products, Air Freshener
- Longer Lasting Insect Repellent with DEET, Citropel, etc.
- Agricultural chemicals (pesticides and herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, rodenticides, etc.)
- Textiles to keep sportswear cool when sweating, use in fabric softeners (longer retention of freshness, fragrance), use in “permanent press” or “no iron needed”, use in dyes, and use in textile accessories for dyeing and pretreatment
- Carbonless copy paper
- Scratch-n-sniff or wet-n-sniff
- Adhesives (Drying, Pressure, Contact, Hot Melt, Natural, Reactive, whether one part or multi-part)
- Visual indicators (Redox, Acidic, Basic, Complexation, Adsorption, Precipitation)
- Phase change materials (based on Alkanes, Salts, Polymers, etc.)
- Mold release products